Self Isolating doesn't have to mean doom and gloom. For many it will be a precautionary measure to keep you fit and healthy.
As long as you don't turn into a couch potato while you isolate!
So for me, isolating brings up a whole host of negative emotions but if it sounds like bliss to you then, rock on. If you're like me and think you'd go stir crazy at the thought of being indoors for 14 days or longer then I strongly suggest you get a little plan together of things you can do.
For those who are able to work from home, that's great to keep your mind focussed and connected online with your colleagues. Try some Zoom power hours and video chat those you were meant to meet in person instead.
For those who can't physically work from home and potentially stranded... here's my top tips to prepare and keep yourself occupied without losing your mind.
Disclaimer: This is not carte blanche to go and stock pile.
1. Go to the stores and get your favourite ingredients - FRESH ingredients. Batch cook some healthy veg-filled meals to store in the freezer.
The worst thing you could do is fill up on carbs, sugary and dried foods. Yes, they last longer but their nutritional value isn't as high so you won't do your immune system much good.
2. Think about some non-food treats you can have in the house to enjoy rather than chocolate or your go to food treat. Something like a nice smelling candle or bath salts. Indulge in some down time and enjoy the aromas.
3. When was the last time you read a book? Why not go to the book store or Amazon and pick two books - one a novel or your typical go to holiday read and the other a personal development or learning book.
4. Create a task list - I'm sure there's tonnes of jobs to do around the house. Break it all down and write out a list of jobs that can fit into 30 minute or 1 hour slots to keep you occupied.
5. Sweat, Burn and Smile - as well as nourishing your body and your mind, staying active keeps us fit and healthy. Sweat out any toxins and boost your endorphins at the same time!
My next online bootcamp starts Monday 16th March, you can join from the comfort of your home - the whole family can get involved and connect with new friends.
I have over 800 unique workouts on demand for you to push play on our latest boxing program or quiet the mind with our three week yoga retreat.
I'll share more tips on my favourite batch cooking recipes soon! In the mean time if you want to get connected with our online fit fam, drop me an email for your two week free trial and plans starting from £$39!